Shopgate offers everything online retailers need to be successful in mobile. Our SaaS platform enables online stores to easily create, maintain and optimize native apps and mobile websites for the iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets. By seamlessly integrating with over 60 of the world’s most popular ecommerce platforms and mobile payment companies, we transform ecommerce stores into new-era mobile experiences.
With offices in the U.S., Germany and Poland, Shopgate is backed by a team of devoted ecommerce professionals, accomplished founders and investors, who share a passion for innovation and mobile commerce, while maintaining a strong focus on customer satisfaction. Our founders’ track record is distinguished by several revolutionary and commercially successful ventures.
We’re looking for someone to manage trade shows and Shopgate events that build brand awareness, drive and nurture leads, and build our community across North America. As a key member of the marketing team, you will manage the success of a high-producing events strategy for Shopgate.
The ideal candidate must have experience in managing event logistics for B2B conferences, preferably in ecommerce, be flawlessly detail-oriented, have a checklist for everything and be laser focused on driving results.
Responsibilities and Duties
- End-to-end ownership of all Shopgate events including: vendor and venue management, event logistics, budget, timelines, opportunity identification and event reporting
- Production of unforgettable experiences including: hosted prospect and customer events, trade shows, partner events and workshops
- Bulld and manage an events calendar complete with timeline, budget and expected ROI
- Develop an account-based marketing approach with the enterprise sales team to determine appropriate coverage of top markets and verticals and ensure event programs are effective in generating and accelerating pipeline
- Collaborate with the marketing communications team to ensure effective pre- and post-event communications that drive registrations and ensure timely follow-up and hand-offs in coordination with sales
- Lead post-event data collection, lead tracking and reporting, including event ROI
- Develop a strong partnership with sales to ensure that marketing is enabling the sales team to be successful
- Because our marketing team is very hands-on you can expect to be involved at some level with other areas like campaigns, collateral development, PR, product marketing and more
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years experience managing marketing events and activities in B2B software (bonus points for experience in ecommerce).
- Successful track record owning or being a key contributor to event marketing strategy and programs and reporting on effectiveness
- Experience collaborating with B2B sales teams
- Strong attention to detail, follow-up, budgeting and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically, generate creative solutions and manage multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with all levels across the organization as well as with clients and prospects
- Excitement and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Ability to travel 25% of the time